I LOVE banana bread, luckily so does my family otherwise I’d make quick work of it all on my own. This recipe is very versatile and easy to modify. It’s so quick and yummy! It usually only lasts a couple of days in our house.
I have made this recipe thousands of times in my life. When I was growing up my mom found the recipe in a WIC book and we fell in love with it. Over the years I’ve played with the recipe here and there. Added half the sugar, more bananas you name it. So, when I started searching for something to bake with my egg yolks and came up dry it hit me THIS banana bread was the ticket.
Ok here’s the thing about egg yolks there’s a little less rise when you use them, they also tend to add a more creamy texture to whatever they are added to. After realizing this I was at a loss as to why this wasn’t my first thought.
The reason I say that is because I learned over the years that bananas tend to cause breads to raise higher and be fluffier and less dense. When you add only egg yolks you’re basically counteracting this phenomenon. It also means that although my recipe states the need to cool overnight in the fridge a whole 6-8 hours will not be necessary. If you happen to bake this around 10 am on a Saturday or Sunday you can definitely gobble up this delicious dense bread around noon. We all know when it comes to be patient not high on the list of priorities, which is also why I always use my KitchenAid mixer to mix up this lovely loaf. We all know when it comes to be patience is not high on the list of priorities. Anthropologie has some amazingly cute spatulas that I’m obsessed with!
Give this recipe a shot let me know how it worked for you, comment on this post, my instagram, or on my facebook page!
3 Yolks Banana Bread
- Electric Stand Mixer with Paddle Attachment
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Baking Pan(/s)
- Cake Release
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 Mashed Bananas medium size
- 3 Egg yolks save the whites for your macarons!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Chopped Nuts optional
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the mashed bananas and egg yolks. Mix until just combined.
- Add the flour, soda, cinnemon ⅓and salt.
- Bake in a greased bread pan for 70 minutes or until top is dark caramel brown and a toothpick stuck in the top crevice comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Wrap tightly and store in the fridge overnight for easy slicing and better flavor.